Google Maps is an amazing application which lets you create & find maps, routes, driving directions and a lot more.
After exploring the range of functions, it’s clear that Google Maps is going to change the way we get directions for driving, hiking, road trips and general route planning.
Everyday, there are more and more innovative things that you can do on Google Maps including:
- Get step-by-step driving directions
- Plan a trip with multiple stops
- Check live traffic conditions (select cities)
- Drag ‘n drop points to customize your route
- Get (Driving) Directions
- Create Personlized Maps
Visit Google Maps to see for yourself.
SOME FEATURES OF GOOGLE MAPS
- Print Maps
- Send Maps to Friends by Email
- Link to Maps created or embed them in your website/blog
- View Maps by Terrain, Satellite or Normal mode
- Put your business on Google Maps
- Display your ads on Google Maps
When you enter Google Maps, apart from searching for maps, you can ‘Get Directions’ between point A & B. Just enter the 2 locations and press ‘get directions’, it’s as easy as that! You can also choose to get directions by car, transit or for walking where you will be presented with an ideal set of directions for each.
Click on “Get Directions” in the top left hand corner of Google Maps (under the logo) to get started.
One of the coolest features is the “My Maps” feature which allows you to create your own map. You can create a personalized map and add pictures, videos and lots of information to make cool mashups.
You can make your own map by selecting a start point, end point and then plot your route with markers on your map to generate a route map. This may be a map for walking, sightseeing, running or any other purpose. After marking out the map, you can calculate the distance of your route and connect it to other useful data.
GOOGLE MAPS HELP
If you’re new to Google Maps, take a few minutes (or more) to visit the Maps Help site which is packed with most of the things you need to know to get the most out of Google Maps.
In addition to the regular features, you can find out about Google Maps for mobile, enterprise users and developers.
Visit Google Maps Help.
GOOGLE MAPS LINKS
- Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/
- Google Maps Help: http://maps.google.com/support/?hl=en
- Google Maps Tour: http://maps.google.com/help/maps/tour/
- Google Maps API: (http://www.google.com/apis/maps)
- Google Maps Gadget: (http://www.google.com/ig/adde?moduleurl=www.google.com/ig/modules/mapsearch.xml&source=gmsb)
- Google Maps Documentation (http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/)
- Google Maps Help Forum (http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps?hl=en)
- Google Maps API User Group (http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Maps-API)